Five cardio circuit workouts for you to do if you can’t make it into the gym, but want to keep your routine. You can do these in a hotel room, at home, or in a park:
- Warm-up: Start by doing some light stretching and dynamic warm-up exercises to prepare your body for the workout. This can include leg swings, arm circles, and lunges. Spend 5-10 minutes on your warm-up.
- Jumping jacks: Stand with your feet together and your arms by your sides. Jump and spread your legs out wide while simultaneously raising your arms above your head. Jump back to the starting position. Perform 20-30 reps.
- Mountain climbers: Start in a plank position with your hands shoulder-width apart and your feet together. Bring one knee towards your chest, then quickly switch and bring the other knee towards your chest. Continue alternating your legs as if you were climbing a mountain. Perform 20-30 reps.
- Burpees: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms by your sides. Squat down and place your hands on the ground. Jump your feet back into a plank position. Do a push-up, then jump your feet back towards your hands. Stand up and jump into the air. Perform 10-15 reps.
- High knees: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms bent at a 90-degree angle. Bring one knee up towards your chest, then quickly switch and bring the other knee up. Continue alternating your legs as if you were running in place. Perform 20-30 reps.
- Cool-down: End your workout with some light stretching to help your muscles recover. This can include stretches for your calves, quadriceps, hamstrings, and hip flexors. Spend 5-10 minutes on your cool-down.
Remember to take breaks as needed and listen to your body. You can also modify the intensity and duration of the workout. If you are a beginner, start with one round and don’t worry about time. If you have been working out for a while, make it a game. How fast can you do 3 rounds with integrity in your movement?