There are many reasons we can’t make it into the gym; weather, schedule, visitors, traveling, without a car, etc. Here is an at-home workout for those days you can’t make it in or if you aren’t currently at the gym.
Starting a workout out of your normal setting or routine can be hard so start slow and with something simple. If you have ever been in a class with Coach Anna, you know about starting by rolling out your joints, starting with your ankles, and moving up all the way to your neck… don’t forget the wrists! Go into a steady warm-up from there and you will be ready to do the workout of the day.
Roll Out Joints, then go through these movements 2x
- 10 squats
- 10 Hug your knee to your chest
- 10 Sit-Ups
- 10 Spiderman Lunge
- 10 Push-ups
- 10 Pass Throughs with a broom/band/towel
Every Minute on the Minute (EMOM) Do 1 round every minute for 20 minutes or until reps can’t be completed in a minute. Scale reps if needed to get at least 10 rounds. Looking for about 30-40 seconds of work and 20 seconds of rest each round.
- 3 Dips (hands-on box or chair behind you, feet out straight in front of you, lower down press up)
- 6 Walking Lunges
- 12 Mountain Climbers
- 2 Min Each Side Pigeon Stretch
- Clasp Hands behind your back, roll open your shoulders, and 10 deep breaths into your chest.
- 4 Forward folds with slow unrolling of vertebrae to stand up
- Childs Pose, holding for 10 long breaths