That week between Christmas and New Year’s can be business as usual (though that rush hour traffic is much smoother), or a little time off. Here are some ideas to help that time feel restful and restorative.
Here are a few ideas for making the most out of the week between Christmas and New Year’s:
- Take some time to relax and recharge. The holiday season can be hectic, so use this week to catch up on rest and relaxation. Consider taking a nap, going for a walk, or catching a fun group workout.
- Reflect on the past year. This is a good time to think about the things that you accomplished in the past year and set goals for the coming year. Consider keeping a journal or writing down your thoughts to help you process your reflections. We often accomplish much more than we give ourselves credit for, especially here in the gym.
- Spend time with loved ones. The week between Christmas and New Year’s is a great time to visit with friends and family and to strengthen relationships. Consider hosting a gathering, going on a day trip, or just spending quality time together. Don’t forget we have a bring a friend day coming up for CrossFit Bingo on Saturday, January 6.
- Try something new. This is a great time to try something new or to take on a new hobby. Consider taking a class, trying a new recipe, or learning a new skill.
- Get organized. Use this week to get your home and life organized for the coming year. Consider decluttering, creating a budget, or setting up a schedule for the coming year. This is a great time to come in for an athlete check-in for current members or a no-sweat intro if you are new to the gym and come up with your 2023 Health and Fitness plan.
Overall, the key is to find activities that help you relax, reflect, and recharge, so that you can start the new year feeling refreshed and ready to tackle your goals.