Nutrition advice is everywhere these days, sometimes making it confusing. Here are 5 habits you can practice today and every day to make a solid base for your eating habits and help provide plenty of energy throughout your day.
These foundational habits will take you a long way, but it isn’t what they are as much as how often you practice them.
- Eat a balanced savory breakfast: Make sure to include a good source of protein, such as eggs or Greek yogurt, and fiber-rich foods, such as sauteed vegetables.
- Choose unprocessed foods: Eating whole, unprocessed foods such as fruits, vegetables, legumes, and lean proteins can help you feel fuller for longer and provide your body with the nutrients it needs.
- Drink plenty of water: Staying hydrated is essential for good health. Aim to drink at least eight glasses of water a day, and more if you’re exercising or in hot weather.
- Watch your portion sizes: Eating too much of any food can lead to weight gain and other health problems. Use smaller plates, bowls, utensils, and cups to help you eat less.
- Limit your intake of sugar and unhealthy fats: Excessive sugar and unhealthy fats can lead to weight gain, heart disease, and other health problems. Try to limit your intake of these foods, and instead opt for healthier options such as fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins.